May 16, 2010

Eloise - The White Mountains

I know some people (Stuart) is wondering what happened to Eloise in the city of the tripods. So here I'll quote a part from the second book: City of Gold and Lead.

"  He lead the way, and I followed, and at last I saw her.
   She was dressed in the simple dark-blue gown trimmed with white lace, that she had worn at the tournament, when the forest of swords flashed silver in the sun, and all the knights acclaimed her as Queen. Her brown eyes were closed, but the ivory of her small oval face was delicately flushed with rose. But for the caket, very much like a coffin, and hundreds of others around her, I counld have thought she was sleeping"
- Page 138 of The City of Gold and Lead by John Christopher, published in 1967 by Macmillan Publishing Company, New York.
  In other words, she's dead. Sorry Stuart. RIP.

Sorry if I gave away the not-so-ending ending.

1 comment:

Maya ♥ said...

awwwww... :(
i feel bad now. i know some people that this affects (im not going 2 point anybody out STUART lol)

thnx 4 posting. ill keep it in mind ;)